The World through the eyes of Poetry!


The topic of this week's lesson was poetry, and it took me on a deep exploration of its complexities. At first, I noticed that I tended to appreciate poetry with caution, preferring to keep the poet's message simple. We began the lesson with a fun icebreaker that asked us to share our opinions about poetry. I realized the potential complexity presented by different literary methods, even while I acknowledged that I loved it within the confines of my comprehension.








I taught in many different grades before going to college, and I concentrated on teaching rhymes and simple poetry forms. In last weeks class we studied' stanzas' and rhyming systems this week as we dug further into poetry. My eyes were awakened to the depths of significance found in poetry via analyzing poems such as "The Sea is a hungry dog" and "The Flattered Flying Fish."





Our lecturer's chapter on poetry writing broadened my understanding and offered helpful advice for instructing poetry composing. I'm now prepared to introduce the complexity and beauty of poetry to my future classroom, having gained a new lease on life and a renewed sense of passion. This investigation not only broadened my understanding of poetry but also gave me the skills I needed to present it to my pupils in a lively and perceptive manner.



 

Comments

  1. Hi my fellow blogger :) I couldn't agree with you more when you stated that you concentrated on rhyming forms and simple poetry because I too did the same. Gaining new tips, strategies and advice to better one's craft and love of teaching is most definitely a plus. Very good reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transition from teaching rhymes and simple forms in various grades to exploring stanzas and rhyming systems in your college class shows a significant depth in your understanding of poetry. The way you describe your new insights into the meanings and nuances of poems like 'The Sea is a hungry dog' and 'The Flattered Flying Fish' is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty about initially approaching poetry with caution resonates with many, including myself. It is inspiring to see your excitement and renewed passion, and it is clear the course has equipped you with valuable skills for teaching poetry. Best of luck as you bring this newfound appreciation to your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and information about the writing process and the 6 plus 1 traits connection

The Writing Process and 6+1 Traits