My Personal Reflection on The Teaching of Writing

   



  I can't help but think back on my writing philosophy before enrolling in this course as I began my adventure as a writing teacher. Writing has proven to be a difficult component of Language Arts for me since students don't seem to enjoy it. That, in my opinion, is mostly due to the way it is taught and the fact that people have difficulty expressing themselves. Writing can occasionally feel like a tedious, drawn-out process to teachers. which I have observed over my years as a teacher. I only assign descriptive writing and image sequencing to my kids; I never really got them to write anything in-depth. Despite this, I have always appreciated a "good" piece of writing since I enjoy reading. 


    I now think that writing instruction is vitally necessary. Writing is a skill that promotes creativity and critical thinking in students. Now with this new exposure to the way to teach students writing, I feel confident that I can execute my job as a Language Arts teacher. I am confident that I will be effective in teaching the other genres given that I have a thorough understanding of expository, persuasive, narrative, and poetic writing. The various avenues for self-expression that pupils can choose from are these genres. I am thrilled to walk my kids through the process of becoming excellent writers as I get ready to go back to school.

    Throughout this course on "Promoting Writing in the Primary Grades," I have discovered a wealth of information regarding teaching writing. I now see how important it is for teachers to provide a safe, stimulating atmosphere in which students are inspired to share their thoughts and experiment with various writing styles. Through the use of various exercises, methods, and approaches, including brainstorming, I help my students improve their writing abilities and grow into self-assured authors. It's also critical to acknowledge their accomplishments and offer helpful criticism.

    Seeing my students' work improve over time is one of the most fulfilling parts of teaching writing. The development of a student's writing abilities from tentative starts to assured utterances is evidence of the influence of good instruction. I am motivated to help shape these changes in my pupils because I hope to inculcate in them a lifetime love of writing.

    My future goal as I return to the schools is to inspire a lifelong love of writing and develop students' abilities in self-expression.

Kudos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and information about the writing process and the 6 plus 1 traits connection

The Writing Process and 6+1 Traits